A top goal for OSCC is to support professional development for Chamber Executives and staff. Each year the OSCC Board will budget an amount to be distributed to OSCC members for scholarships as follows:
- US Chamber Institute $750 scholarship (full one-year tuition)
- WACE Academy $575 scholarship (full one-year tuition)
- ACCE Annual Conference $500 scholarship
- WACE Annual Conference $500 scholarship
- OSCC Annual Conference $275 scholarship *Please note: All scholarships for the OSCC Annual Conference have been awarded for 2017.
- Other To be determined
Recipients must be employed by a Chamber which is a member in good standing of the Oregon State Chamber of Commerce.
Every scholarship applicant must submit a written application stating how he/she will benefit from the training and why financial assistance is necessary.
The applicant’s Chamber must agree to make a financial contribution toward the applicant’s training at the event for which a scholarship is sought.
Scholarship winners will be notified in writing. Scholarships are for registration expenses. Funds will not become available until after the professional development event has been attended. Upon receipt of proof of attendance, OSCC reimburse for the training event.
Only one scholarship will be awarded to an individual per calendar year. The number of scholarships in each category will be determined by staff based on the amount budgeted by the OSCC Board.